On this blog, a companion to "ArtSoPotent," I will write about the connection between visual art and other art forms, including cinema, dancing, poetry, and specifically music. This space will also serve to display images of my commercial work: Calligraphy, Collage, Note Cards, Hand-painted boxes, Handmade books,and other mixed-media works.


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pack Up

You, uninvited, suitcase and all
Bluntly insinuated into my life
Without a prior letter or call
Unfolding your drama, sharpening your knife

Your suitcase, filled with issues and such
Betrayals, lies, woes and sorrow
Unpacked deliberately, are quite too much
Baggage I care not to borrow

So ease from here, I beg you now
Pack that suitcase kept in your head
No more theatre must I allow
Your thoughts are waste, your words dread

Something inside you seems to suggest
That I fall amiss of my serenity
To tolerate you further is to strangle progress
It's impossible to relish your company

I want to address those truths I know
Without regrets, I must ask you to go!

copyright 2009, Georgette Jones

2 comments:

M J Muir said...

Georgette - This poem expresses so well what we occasionally feel and I guess that is what poetry is all about.
Right on the mark!
Thanks.

Georgette Jones said...

Mary Jane, I think we've all known someone like this. I write in rhyming verse to entertain while conveying messages that many people can relate to. Thanks so much for your comment.