On this blog, a companion to "ArtSoPotent," I will write about the connection between visual art and other art forms, including cinema, dancing, poetry, and specifically music. This space will also serve to display images of my commercial work: Calligraphy, Collage, Note Cards, Hand-painted boxes, Handmade books,and other mixed-media works.


Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Life Number "4"

Always, my life has been a square
Of harsh confinement I strain to bear
Within boundaries so saliently spare
Neatly attending my own frustration

Always, to dwell within four walls
Whose lonely lines define the halls
Inside of which I heed life's call
Silently serving my vast obligation

Always, to seek from inside a box
Answers from life that open the locks
While producing work by heaven's clock
Diligently fulfilling my destination

Always and now in accepting four
Lines with choices that contain a door
Belatedly, to realize there is much more
Tasting the fruits of this revelation!

Now, in perceiving it's useless to be
Locked into four without a key
Doors gradually carved have set me free,
Finally enjoying victorious elation!

copyright 2009, Georgette Jones

No comments: