On this blog, a companion to "ArtSoPotent," I will write about the connection between visual art and other art forms, including cinema, dancing, poetry, and specifically music. This space will also serve to display images of my commercial work: Calligraphy, Collage, Note Cards, Hand-painted boxes, Handmade books,and other mixed-media works.


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

January Morning

How shameful to cling to this brazen bed
Where comfort embraces like arms
Where warmth ignores what lies ahead
To invite enjoyment of morning's charms

The perfumed pillow beneath my head
Forms a cuddle much like a lover's
Hugs me firmly to lie here instead
Coaxes me joyfully into the covers

The midwinter landscape beyond my view
Parallels the tedium of today's tasks
Where obligations are many, options few
No compromise coming, no need to ask

To enjoy for once, disposable time
Without structure, concern or worry
To claim this day a friend of mine
To enjoy life without hurry

But such indulgence is not to be
Calendar dates always creep through
The revelry of my morning and me
And admonishes us to pay our due

Now fully dressed, I walk away
From my lovely bed, now neatly prim
From my lovely bed, where I wish to stay
No telltale signs of my pleasure of him!

Copyright, 2009,Georgette Jones 

   

No comments: