On this blog, a companion to "ArtSoPotent," I will write about the connection between visual art and other art forms, including cinema, dancing, poetry, and specifically music. This space will also serve to display images of my commercial work: Calligraphy, Collage, Note Cards, Hand-painted boxes, Handmade books,and other mixed-media works.


Friday, January 1, 2010

Quickly Captured From a Dream

Through the door of my nether mind marches forms.  Of all persuasions.  Elongated. Stumped.  Portly.

Confident shapes preen to be chosen.  Into the attic of my sleeplife they dance, prance and tumble, soon joined by letters and words.  And then poetry.

Crafty ones with ambitions of design.  Aspiring toward calligraphia, yet more toward painting.  They want to be joined by colors and birthed from a dream.

Forms, color, design, calligraphy, poetry, words and songs comprise these new dreamworks.  Many designs already formed inside.

I know what to do outside.  Thank you, Lord, for the guidance of dreams. 

The above words are from a recent dream where I was able to successfully capture the content upon waking, resulting in the current painting I'm working on.  The following poem was written last year, documenting that no such capture was allowed. 

Lost Inspiration

This morning, dawn, 
as I fluttered from night,
A poem so lovely
grazed me with light

He kissed my lips fully,
and gave me his mind
I returned his kiss,
his soul to imbibe.
But it was not to be
that one so sweet,
Whose rare fullness
I could not meet,
Would visit beyond
the light of day
When I awoke
he had flown away
Vainly, I held the
shattered refrain
Where only traces
of words remained.

copyright,2009, Georgette Jones

No comments: